ABOUT ME REVIEWS ENTRY FACEBOOK FOLLOW
Review :: Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Oil
Monday 22 July 2013 ‚ 19:50 ‚ Leave a comment



Hiya Lovelies ^^

~*~*~ So lately I've been looking around for a new cleanser. All the ones I've used up till now have either been really drying on my face or they don't really clean as much as I'd like them to. Ok fine.

Guilty Confession: I've been lazy, and I mean extremely, extremely lazy. I want a cleanser that is strong enough to take off all my makeup at the end of the night and still work miracles for my skin. Is that so hard to ask?

Apparently so.

Anyways, I guess when life throws you lemons, you have to stop letting them hit you square in the face and learn how to dodge. SO I decided that I'd be a little less lazy and adopt the Korean Double-Cleansing Method. The method is just as the name implies: you clean your face twice. The first cleanse is to strip impurities (such as makeup) off your face, and the second is to clean what the first round of cleansing might have missed as well as add back moisture to your skin. Typically, the first cleanser is a makeup remover type cleanser and the second is a much gentler cleanser such as cream cleansers or milk cleansers.

Long story short (and about a billion hours of online shopping after), Skinfood's Black Sugar Cleansing Oil arrived at my door.

 

Product Information

     Description: A cleansing oil that contains mineral-enriched Brazilian back sugar. Dissolves even the toughest makeup and leaves skin soft. 
    Directions: Take a moderate amount of it on a dry hand and gently remove the make up. Then complete the cleansing by washing face with cleansing foam. 
    Volume: 170ml




Although it's kind of a weird concept to put oil on your face, cleansing oils are actually very good cleansers because they can penetrate deep into pores and flush them out. It was actually my first time using an oil cleanser so I thought it would leave my skin oily and weird after (you know that feeling when you touch something greasy and no matter how long you wash with water, until you wash with soap, the oily feeling sticks to you), but instead my skin felt fresh, clean, and super soft after! 


Fun Facts About Cleansing Oil

     Oils can dissolve other oils (sebum) that clog pores.
     Tough cleansers can strip the skin's natural oils and in response, the body produces more oils to compensate (which in turn provokes acne). Oil cleansers stops the cycle because it doesn't strip the skin of its oils during the process of cleaning.
     Safe for acne prone and oily skin
     Can be moisturizing for dry skin
     Because oils naturally contain a lot of minerals, the right type of oil cleanser can provide skin with additional benefits (such as healing/fading acne scars) 


Testing

     So how well does Skinfood's Black Sugar Cleansing Oil clean???



    In the before photo, I used a whole variety of makeup on my arm. From the left, Tony Moly lip stain (that stain is strong! lol), lip pencil, eyeshadow x 2, cream blush, concealer, pencil liner and the hearts are drawn with a liquid liner. 
    I pumped out a bit of oil. (I didn't even push the pump all the way down. Maybe 3/4 of the way?) After spreading the oil on my arm very briefly (and very gently), all the makeup in the middle dissolved. The lip stain and liquid liner stayed firmly however. This is when the real cleaning starts: I started to actually apply some moderate pressure and massage my skin in circular motions. The results are shown in the second picture. Although it faded a lot, there was the slightest hint of the lip taint and hearts after.
      As oil cleansing leaves a bit of residues after cleansing, it's crucial to follow up with a second round of cleaning. I used Neutrogena's Deep Clean Cream Cleanser (which, fyi, is not deep clean at all and is in fact a really crap cleanser, but I have a lot of it left and just throwing it out is such a waste) to wash/massage my skin once more before a quick swipe of toner and TA-DA is the third picture. All clean! 



     Likes: First of all, the smell is heavenly. I thought it would smell like sugar (just something really sweet smelling) but it actually smellss like lemons. Instead of being overly citrus-y though, it's a perfect combination of soft lemon scent with a sugary background. I adore the smell and I'm not even a fan of citrus smelling things! Two, it comes with this cute little clip that you insert around the neck of the pump. I'm fascinated by this! I've never seen a product come with one! Anyways, it's super convenient for stopping accidental pumps (for when you accidentally push the pump with your elbow or something). It also leaves my skin super fresh and soft and touchable after using it and I've experienced no break-outs. Since the oil cleans so well, you only need a small amount to work with on your face, even smaller amount if you don't use stubborn makeup (waterproof mascara etc.) so I suspect this product will last a long time.
     Dislikes: Hmm... I don't think I have any...



Cleaning :
Moisturization :
Packaging :
Application :
Overall :   


     Final Thought: I'd definitely recommend this product, but since this is my first time using a cleansing oil, I might try a couple of different ones for comparisons sake! 

 
Thank You For Reading

Stay Lovely,
Aria. =^-^=


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus
Blogger Lov.e Chloe said...

Your blog is soo adorable <3! and Great review by the way!

22 July 2013 at 21:12  
Blogger ~*~Aria~*~ said...

@LoveChloe

Aww thanks so much for popping by! I really appreciate it!

23 July 2013 at 15:06  
Blogger Rachael said...

Your blog is really cute ! Hope you'll visit mine and my shop :)

Rachael
Http://wayycher.blogspot.com
Http://ShopTTop.blogspot.com

23 July 2013 at 20:40  
Blogger Classy Peach said...

Great review. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)

classypeach.blogspot.com

24 July 2013 at 19:53  
Blogger MissLaven said...

This looks like it works nicely. I like the protection clmap, so you can put it into a bag without fearing that it spills.
http://berriesinthesnow.blogspot.de

25 July 2013 at 01:30  
Blogger Donna said...

Wow the oil really dissolves the makeup! :o
I love skin food products! Thanks for reviewing this! ^^

25 July 2013 at 17:52  
Blogger Black Ragdoll said...

Wow, that looks like a pretty good cleanser O.O

27 July 2013 at 08:34  





OLDERNEWER
~*~ AR!A ~*~
Welcome To My Blog!


Welcome


Hello Lovelies! Welcome To My Lil Corner. Im A Total Noob Blogger So Please Be Patient With Me & Dont Be Afraid To Leave Me A Comment ^^
Current Quote: Sometimes ppl are Beautiful. Not in Looks. Not in what they Say. Just in what they Are.

~*~ Chat Box ~*~
Leave Me A Message ^^


~*~ Lovely Kittens ~*~
Thank You For Following Me

Follow on Bloglovin


~*~ Credits ~*~
Merci Nyan~


Basecode:Masterly Elmo
Template:Izyanyancinnamon
Blog Owner: NekoCuriosity