ABOUT ME REVIEWS ENTRY FACEBOOK FOLLOW
Review :: Banila Co Kiss Scandalist Lip Gloss
Sunday 28 July 2013 ‚ 02:50 ‚ Leave a comment


Hiya Lovelies~

~*~*~ I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Today I'm going to do a review of Banila Co's Kiss Scandalist Lip Gloss.



To be honest, I'm not really a lip gloss kind of girl. I prefer something that doesn't stick to my hair and get all gooey when the wind tickles past and casually sends stray hair flying in my face. The Kiss Scandalist collection had some really pretty colors, and since I'm such a sucker for cute names and packaging, I splurged and got myself one.

Here are the variations for this collection:

I really couldn't decide between Angel, Honey and Crystal, but in the end, I settled for Angel, promising I'll come back for Crystal or Honey if I like this gloss.

 

Product Information

     Description: Formulated with vitamin derivatives and botanical oil ingredients. Gorgeous glitter and plumping effect provide three-dimensional and charming lips.
    Directions: Turn dial until lip gloss is available and apply to lips. 
    Capacity: 1.6g 



This lip gloss comes with a seal cap when you open it which is really nice because it keeps the gloss from accidentally spilling out. Once you take off the seal, turn the dial at the bottom for lip gloss. 



So, I did some before and after pictures of this lip gloss on me, but my lips are really dry (and wrinkly) as always, and apparently I really need to shave my muzzle. LOL It's not like my mustache is even that noticeable really. I swear! It's just darn these dslr cameras and their high-def! Freaking picks up things I can't even see when I squint at myself in the mirror! 

Anyways, onward with the pictures that I minimized and brightened so you can't see my muzzle too well:

 
(Bare)
 

(Lip gloss)


     First Thought: Ahh~ I really like this color!
    Likes: This lip gloss smells really good when you apply it on. Since it doesn't specify there being a specific flavour, I'm not too sure if all the lip glosses have the same smell or they have their own specific flavours. Kiss Scandalist in Angel comes in a strawberry scent that reminds me of the strawberry milk bubble tea I order. (*drools* I love bubble tea!) It also has a bit of mint which you can feel on your lips when you have it on since it tingles slightly and gives you a cool and refreshing feeling. I also really like the color of this gloss. I thought it wasn't that far off from the color of the swatch on my arm. Sometimes a lip gloss can be really pretty, but a thin layer of it on your lips can lack all the color so I thought this gloss' color was really well presented.
    Dislikes: I hated the glitter in this gloss. It wasn't the fine ones, but the bigger ones that kind of get everywhere if you're not careful with it. A bit of it did get above my lips (the part of your skin between your upper lip and your nose) and I couldn't get it off after. The gloss itself lasted about 2-3 hours before it started fading and since I forgot to bring the gloss with me, I didn't reapply anything else. Although the lip gloss eventually completely faded, the glitter did not! It just stayed on my lips as if it was super glued there which was kind of annoying to me. I also didn't really see much plumping effect as the product had claimed.

Pigmentation :
Fragrance :
Long-lasting :
Plumping :
Overall :


    Final Thought: Overall, I give this gloss 3.5 out of 5. (The faded heart is worth 0.5 lol) I felt 4 was a bit too much for this gloss because I actually didn't like it that much, but that might be because I'm really not a lip gloss person. A lip gloss has to be super for me to want it and unfortunately Kiss Scandalist isn't that amazing. I like the color and the scent, but it's kind of just meh~ Slightly above average. So I'm sorry Crystal and Honey, I won't be coming back for you.

Thank You For Reading!


Stay Lovely,
Aria. =^-^=



Labels: , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus
Blogger Giulia Soana said...

This is such a detailed review! I thinks that your blog is really cute <3 Would you like to follow each other? Please let mme know on my blog :) Kisses <3

Fashion Dupes | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |Bloglovin' |Fashiolista

29 July 2013 at 02:12  
Blogger Mindy said...

The color is really nice *-* I also don't like that there's so much glitter :c
The pumping is a bit weird haha but I think the fragrance is a good thing ^-^*
Your blog is really lovely and you're REALLY beautiful :3 keep blogging haha :D

29 July 2013 at 10:58  
Blogger Black Ragdoll said...

It IS really annoying when the hair gets stuck in the lip gloss XD but still lip gloss is so pretty sometimes *w* however I have yet to find one that actually lasts longer than five minutes...

30 July 2013 at 05:31  
Blogger ~*~Aria~*~ said...

@meimei

ya i dont like too much glitter. it makes it look circus-y rather than glamorous XD Aww thank you so very much!! >.<

@Black

Ya, guess just have to wear your hair up when u use lip gloss haha XD

30 July 2013 at 18:24  





OLDERNEWER
~*~ AR!A ~*~
Welcome To My Blog!


Welcome


Hello Lovelies! Welcome To My Lil Corner. Im A Total Noob Blogger So Please Be Patient With Me & Dont Be Afraid To Leave Me A Comment ^^
Current Quote: Sometimes ppl are Beautiful. Not in Looks. Not in what they Say. Just in what they Are.

~*~ Chat Box ~*~
Leave Me A Message ^^


~*~ Lovely Kittens ~*~
Thank You For Following Me

Follow on Bloglovin


~*~ Credits ~*~
Merci Nyan~


Basecode:Masterly Elmo
Template:Izyanyancinnamon
Blog Owner: NekoCuriosity